Many people like decorations on their cell phones. If you want to decorate your cell phone, here is how to do that.
Method 1. Paint
1. Get nail polish. Nail polish is the easiest type of paint to use on your cell phone. Maybe you already have a color you think would look great. If not, pick out colors at the local drugstore.
You’ll also need nail polish remover, which can be bought at the drugstore as well. In a pinch, use a bottle of at least 75% volume rubbing alcohol.
2. Test your phone’s materials by dabbing a small stroke of nail polish on the bottom of your phone, or on the inside of the battery cover. Then try to remove it with the nail polish remover. Some phones make removing paint easier than others (see Warnings).
3. Take off the battery cover and remove your battery. This will make painting the cover easier and will ensure you don’t get paint on your battery.
4. Cover up all screens and cameras with masking tape. If you skip this step, be very careful to avoid getting paint in those areas. Nail polish will ruin the plastic in your camera and screen.
5. Use nail polish brush to paint your design.custom mlb stickers You may want to work from a sketch, and keep your design simple for best results. Apply the paint using smooth strokes.
If you have a non-flip phone, you’ll need to use clear nail polish to paint the areas around the buttons. Apply at least two coats of the clear polish.
6. Let the phone dry. Keep it away from dirt and dust that could stick to the drying paint. Allow at least six hours for the paint to dry thoroughly, because even though the polish may look dry sooner, it still can be soft and flexible, meaning even a soft touch could leave an imprint.
Method 2. Stickers and Jewels
1. Use stickers to customized your cell phone. Use them on their own, or incorporate them into your nail polish design. Look for stickers at craft stores, drugstores, toy stores, or be creative and create your own sticker by cutting up and pasting together a collection of bumper stickers.
2. Use small jewels or crystals to create a glitzy and crystallized effect.These can be found in craft stores too, as well as in nail design shops.
Method 3. Accessories
1. Tie charms on to your phone, so that they dangle by your ear as you chat. Plenty of ready-made cell phone accessories are available to choose from.
2. Try different cell phone covers on your phone. They come in a variety of colors, shapes, and designs. If you’re not ready to paint or create your own look, trying buying a fun cell phone cover.
Method 4. Internal Styling
1. Change your phone’s wallpaper to match your new decor.
2. Change your ring tone, so that it does not play the generic tone or song that you get when purchasing the phone . Download songs that go with your personality, or songs that remind you of certain people.
Stickers and glued jewels may be difficult to remove if you change your mind.
Be careful—your style may change so quickly, it may not be worth the effort to change your phone only to have to change it in a week. Try to pick something that you will like for an extended period of time.
If you are worried about accidentally ruining your cell with nail polish, you can buy a clear faceplate to paint on for the same effect.
Always test to see if nail polish can be removed with nail polish remover without damaging the plastic on your phone. You may find that nail polish cannot be removed from your phone.
When downloading ring tones, be aware of the cost. Some can be as much as $2.99 to $3.99 per ring tone.
Things You’ll Need
Your cell phone
Masking tape (optional)